Structured Cabling | Bloomington, IN
We provide structured cabling installation services, data cabling services, and network wiring for companies in the Bloomington, IN area. Our network wiring installation services can help you plan and deploy a new cabling infrastructure- or update your existing cabling configuration. Contact us today to learn more!
Adding another few wires to the mess behind your desk at work probably does not seem like anything more than an annoyance. In reality, it a potential cause of huge problems you do not want like a crashed network. You might be thinking structured cabling is just a buzz word for bundling up wires and eliminating tangles. But, in reality, proper network wiring brings several benefits to your business.
What is structured cabling?
Simply, structured cabling is a telecommunications infrastructure. It generally consists of several elements including patch panels and trunks. Yes, it does organize the network wiring system, but it also allows changes to be made easily, effectively, and at a reduced cost.
The problems with a poorly configured data cabling infrastructure
Miles of wires tangled along baseboards and running across the floor creates workplace hazards. In the first place, there is the potential for employees to trip and fall. Furthermore, the hazards for your business are even greater. Besides inadvertent mistakes, tangled and bent wires also restrict power flow and strength of the flow.
Patches and panels are potential hazards as well. The demand on over-extended panels can result in reduced strength, slower speeds, and, eventually, equipment malfunctions.
A data cabling system not only organizes wires, it also organizes the infrastructure that powers your technology. Therefore, connections are no longer made haphazardly and the demand is spread out for optimal service.
Benefits of comprehensive network wiring
There really are several reasons to install a well-planned network wiring system for your business.
- Specified Standards – Some installations specify a cabling system to meet some standards. Often these standards are the guidelines for data center design, management and operation. In other instances, updated and upgraded cabling replaces older wiring to meet comprehensive telecommunications infrastructure demand.
- Cost Effective – Because structured cabling is an organized and simple network wiring system, it reduces power and maintenance costs. Installation and wiring changes require less time and materials, saving businesses even more.
- Reduces Risk of Downtime – Unorganized and tangled cords and wires increase the potential for human error. A pulled or stepped on cord disconnects and breaks equipment and therefore, connections. Depending on the components, one station or the entire network goes down. This is not the case with strategic data cabling and network wiring.
- Efficient Changes – Business saves time and money on changes, additions, and relocations. Because of the organized infrastructure of the cabling, new connections and installations are quick and require fewer materials. Whether a new desk station, a new printer, or a VoIP phone system, the organization of a structured cabling system pays off.
- Improves Troubleshooting and Repairs – Structured cabling offers the ability to quickly locate and diagnose problems. This results in shorter periods of time down and more efficient repairs. In addition, visual inspections and replacements of components like switches is more likely to prevent breakdowns.
Is your data cabling up to standard?
Improper or messy wiring presents another, even more critical, issue for business: increased vulnerability. Chaos in the cabling of your IT network makes attacks feasible.
Keep all these things in mind so you see the benefits brought to your business. A smart, growing company positions itself so it expands efficiently and wisely in a cost-effective manner. Structured cabling is one strategy that prepares and protects your operation today for what tomorrow brings.
Contact our team today to learn more about our structured cabling installation services!
Average Hold Time
Average Call Time